Recommendation for Access point device to extend range

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by krauster » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:30 pm
I have a 3 story townhouse. I have the Pace 5268AC on the top floor. I would like to improve my range and coverage on the ground floor. I have an ethernet cable running out on to the balcony and down to the patio and back into the home at the ground floor where there is a switch and then I continue the ethernet cable back up through the ground floor ceiling to the second floor to another switch that feeds a roku box. All works well for that and for wifi access of devices from the top floor to second room on top floor and the two rooms on the second floor. But the wifi signal is weak on the ground floor.

What device should I buy to plug into the ethernet switch on the ground floor to get wifi on the ground level?

krauster
by tlp95129 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:30 am
One of the Ubiquiti access points would be a good choice. Like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-Unifi-A ... B015PR20GY

A little pricey, but they are supposed to be excellent from all I've read (no personal experience with them though).

I believe they support power-over-internet (PoE)
by dane » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:15 pm
Sonic has a mesh WiFi offering in the works, and once that gear is back in stock (around Nov 10th), our support team can help get you set up with as much whole-home WiFi as you might want!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1