WiFi performance of Pace 5268AC gateway

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by marchaland » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:33 pm
Hi,

I'm having trouble to get a stable WiFi connection and an acceptable range with Pace 5268AC gateway. When connected through Ethernet, the speed is what I expect to have. When connected to WiFi, the speed decreases drastically with connection interruptions, even close to the router in line of sight.
- I'm wondering what is the right position for the gateway to have an efficient WiFi signal with correct antenna orientation, vertical or horizontal?
- Can it be related to an hardware issue with the gateway?

Thanks.
by jacob.karinen » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:18 am
Hi marchaland,

Are you experiencing the same issue on both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz broadcasts? With 5Ghz it's incredibly susceptible to physical interference and can be negatively impacted by walls and the like. 2.4Ghz, on the other hand, has a much easier time going through walls but is incredibly susceptible to wireless interference from other 2.4Ghz networks. If you're experiencing the same issues on both networks it's possible it may be a hardware issue but we'd want to do some over the phone troubleshooting to be sure first.

We do recommend that the modem is stood vertically. Please let me know if you have further questions.
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1