Amusing IMAP outage message

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by lr » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:43 am
So IMAP seems to be out, which causes webmail to go down. No big deal, I'm sure it will be back soon. To figure out when it will be back, I log into the shell host and look at /etc/motd, which says:

Fri, 21 Sep 2018 14:10:51 -- IMAP Server Issues post Update/Rollback
Update: Were continuing to restore services for effected users. Please
note this may also affect some Fusion DSL users voicemail services.

The amusing thing is that it is only 10:40 in the morning on Friday the 21st right now. As far as I can tell, it has been down for perhaps half hour or 15 minutes. Yet, you are already fixing it at 2 in the afternoon? When you are done with your time machine, can I borrow it? I want to buy some milk with an expiration date that's FAR in the future.
Linda and Ralph and John; 735 Sunset Ridge Road; Los Gatos, CA 95033; 408-395-1435
by igorru » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:33 pm
Ummm... Timezone? UTC perhaps?
by scott » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:36 pm
lr wrote:So IMAP seems to be out, which causes webmail to go down. No big deal, I'm sure it will be back soon. To figure out when it will be back, I log into the shell host and look at /etc/motd, which says:

Fri, 21 Sep 2018 14:10:51 -- IMAP Server Issues post Update/Rollback
Update: Were continuing to restore services for effected users. Please
note this may also affect some Fusion DSL users voicemail services.

The amusing thing is that it is only 10:40 in the morning on Friday the 21st right now. As far as I can tell, it has been down for perhaps half hour or 15 minutes. Yet, you are already fixing it at 2 in the afternoon? When you are done with your time machine, can I borrow it? I want to buy some milk with an expiration date that's FAR in the future.
Somehow the MOTD time is in GMT.

The issue has been going on for hours, and we're mortified that it is the case.

-Scott
3 posts Page 1 of 1