$40 dollar now $72 internet

General discussions and other topics.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by wdavies » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:51 pm
Not gonna lie, it's still better than the Comcast alternative, but you really shouldn't be all bait and switch, it doesn't reflect well on your brand, and doesn't want to make me rave about it to my friends and neighbors. The worst thing is having to have the phone, which adds on about $20 a month for something we never, ever use, but can't opt out of.
by jacob.karinen » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:57 am
I'm sorry if you felt like our pricing was a bait and switch. We try our best to be transparent with our pricing and breaking everything down in your bill.

I understand how you feel about our bundling of the phone and internet. Currently, the internet by itself is not considered a utility service and so we bundle it with phone service which classifies us as a telecommunications utility. It grants us certain protections and benefits that help us get access to building out our network.
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
by Clu42 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:53 am
I agree, wdavies. I have suggested to them, on my thread, "Sonic booth in Berkeley," try saying "From $40 to $70 depending on taxes and fees." But even with those added fees, I'd rather subscribe to Sonic, than Comca$t, who has a 1 TB data cap, and charges you $10 for every 50GB you go over, their heavy lobbying at Congress and the FCC, to kill Net Neutrality, and the fact that comparable Gigabit speed from Comca$t costs $159 in my town. Oh yeah, and their upload speed is abysmal (35mb upload).
by zkarlsson » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:09 pm
I would too, but from $40 to $72 is an 80% hike over advertised price by the time you add all the taxes and fees and forced equipment rentals and all the other happy crap they shove down your throat. They have a broadly good product, it's a shame that their revenue model revolves around this anti-consumer bundling requirement.
by dennisconkin » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:02 pm
I, too, thought it odd that I ended up paying $69 for Sonic when I really thought it was just $40 a month. I like Sonic, but it is a harshipp for me as a diisabled senior living on Social Security of about $940 a month. I still do not understand why Sonicc does not have a Lifeline service reduced fee program like ATT does, even though it was explained to me when I asked.

Oh, well. I signed up for a cellphone from Safe Link/Tracphne and it's free with 500 text, unlimited calls and 4GB? data through the Lifeline program.

I do support what Sonic and its CEO are doing to maintain internet privacy and keep it as low cost as possible. unlike Comcast etc.

Customer service has always been excellent, the people are reay nice which is a bi deal for me, and once in a finaicae when I was a big financial jam and coun't pay my bill on time, I was able to just pay it twice the next month, if I needed to.

So. I am a very happy customer and plan to stay with Sonic.I wish DISH wasn't so danged expensive, though.

dennisconkin
by dane » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:48 pm
I recently switched from DISH to SlingTV, it’s been lots cheaper. I got the “Blue” package for $25, plus $5 for cloud DVR. My DISH service by comparison has been about $68. Not quite the same channels, but it’s been good for me and the family.

They’re offering the first week free to try it, http://sling.tv/sonic for that offer.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by bandaid914 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:54 pm
Dane, is Sonic going to offer some kind of deal with Sling TV or a different provider for Streaming TV? Especially with Gigabit internet, it seems silly that your "TV deal" is with a satellite provider when there are lots of streaming options out there...
7 posts Page 1 of 1