Double billing after fiber install

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by digitalbitstream » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:18 pm
To my surprise, after a fiber install I was double billed. Apparently according to customer support my DSL line was still active.

Code: Select all

Fusion Broadband - X1 - STI-0071350-X               50.00         50.00  
       Data $40.00 Voice $10.00
       ....various fees....  
   Fusion Fiber - 1 Gbps - STI-0281045-X               50.00         50.00  
       Data $40.00 Voice $10.00
            ....various fees....  
                                                               Total:   133.45
So um, apparently it's on the customer to cancel DSL after a fiber upgrade? Nobody mentioned anything in advance.
by dane » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:27 pm
Did you order fiber as an upgrade to your current service, via the Member Tools at http://members.sonic.net/ ?

If so, the day that the fiber install completes, the Fusion service disconnect will process, and you'll see a pro-rate of charges to the matching date.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by digitalbitstream » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:47 pm
I've now done two DSL->Fiber upgrades. One was X2->Fiber, the other plain Fusion->Fiber. Both times required manual customer service intervention that I had to initiate. In one case I initiated the order form the member's panel. In the other (months and months ago), I initiated from the new customer portal. In all cases the installer knew it was an upgrade, not a new install.

One one line, it left the old phone number stranded for days (but it was lovely getting no telemarketing calls during that time :-| ). I had to call again to get it switched.
by danielg4 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:29 pm
Ditto on the manual intervention required, even a couple of different times in different months. The upgrade was initiated in January. The April bill was the first to be in the amount it's been ever since, give or take a buck.
4 posts Page 1 of 1