cancelling Comcast - advice?

General discussions and other topics.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by piranesi » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:38 am
What have people told Comcast lately, to completely cancel?

Now that I'm up and running with Sonic it's time to cancel Comcast. But I've read a number of stories about people who went to great lengths and even some who got billed for months after trying.

What little advice I find on the Internet says to tell them a lie about moving, and that they will probe about where you are moving in an effort to transfer service, and you need to have some story prepared. I happen to be a terrible liar.
by dane » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:08 am
You could tell them you're moving to Costa Rica, that'd be my approach.

But, another option: Sonic is exploring providing "cancellation as a service", and we would be happy to perform the cancellation for you as part of that process development we're engaged in. If you'd like to do that, email kinderlin.codding@sonic.com with a legible scanned or photographed copy of your bill. Include in the email your instructions on what services you'd like cancelled, and the pin number or access code for your account if you have set one.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by danielg4 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:36 am
Had zero issues after claiming to be switching to Hulu TV, since Comcast owns that.
by travlos » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:26 am
I cancelled by going into an office and handing them the equipment. No argument, no issues.
by Clu42 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:25 am
You could always call and say you're cancelling in protest of Comca$t lobbying heavily and successfully killing net neutrality. I'm sure they won't take kindly to that, and totally cancel your service immediately.
5 posts Page 1 of 1