Sonic Kensington performance

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by Weaverwanttobe » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:30 am
We have Sonic on Kerr Avenue in Kensington CA. We have 2 second generation iPhone 6, one iPad mini which can still be upgraded and a brand new iPad.

We also have a second home in DIllon Beach where a local wizard has set up a local internet that is unbelievably fast and reliable.

We have found that service here in Kensington is substantially slower and more erratic than what we experience at the beach.

This weekend at the beach my husband was able to stream soccer matches on his iPad while downloading huge amounts of data from sources all over the world. Something he would never attempt here in Kensington.

I have insomnia. Twice in the night I tried to access my iPad only to find that I couldn’t connect with the internet.

I LOVE Sonic, truly I do, but I want to keep on loving it. I’m not ready to give up on it, but at this point I have ceased recommending it.

Please fix what is wrong!!!
by m.harmon » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:03 am
I am sorry you are having so much trouble. I can take a look at your service to see the issue but I can't find the username with the account. You can PM me the details, log in to the forums with the username or give our Support folks a call. Or even a text. Let us know the best way we can help you.

https://www.sonic.com/support_cba_request

https://www.sonic.com/support_sms_request
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
by travlos » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:54 pm
We are also on Kerr Avenue, but our install was via an ATT fiber drop to the house. Are you using fiber or copper to your house from the pole?

That being said, with just barely two weeks of Sonic service, our speeds have been very consistent at around 40-55 Mbits/s.

We are new, happy Sonic customers!
3 posts Page 1 of 1