Did imap.sonic.net just change SSL fingerprint? (08/02 11 PM)

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by oddhack » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:14 pm
I'm getting "fingerprints do not match" errors from fetchmail and wanted to verify that this is expected and nobody is spoofing the imap server, before addressing that. Sadly I have to access the mail server via Comcast these days, and my trust in them being a secure environment is pretty small.
by scott » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:20 pm
oddhack wrote:I'm getting "fingerprints do not match" errors from fetchmail and wanted to verify that this is expected and nobody is spoofing the imap server, before addressing that. Sadly I have to access the mail server via Comcast these days, and my trust in them being a secure environment is pretty small.
We just had a network event that we are trying to track down, should be an MOTD as soon as we know what went on.

https://sonicstatus.com/

Edit: Red herring. There was also work going on with the imap servers, it makes sense that the fingerprints would have changed. This doesn't have anything to do with the network event I mentioned above.

-Scott
by oddhack » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:28 pm
Thanks, Scott! Just to clarify, are you speaking as a Sonic employee, not a customer? No offense intended, but I can't tell from your profile info and I'm feeling a bit security-angsty at the moment.
by scott » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:08 am
oddhack wrote:Thanks, Scott! Just to clarify, are you speaking as a Sonic employee, not a customer? No offense intended, but I can't tell from your profile info and I'm feeling a bit security-angsty at the moment.
I'm the other co-founder of Sonic. :)

-Scott
4 posts Page 1 of 1