change from uploading by FTP to SFTP

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by geolink » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:31 pm
Hi, all. For years we’ve used a setup where a trusted user uploads files to us using FTP to ftp.[our domain, hosted by sonic] which we then download and use. We’d like to change to having them connect/upload using SFTP, for security reasons. Can anyone advise me on how to make this change? I’ve tried changing the target server from ftp.xxx to sftp.xxx using our same credentials (worth a shot, right?) but no luck.

Thanks for any suggestions.
by joemuller » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:23 am
geolink wrote:We’d like to change to having them connect/upload using SFTP, for security reasons. Can anyone advise me on how to make this change? I’ve tried changing the target server from ftp.xxx to sftp.xxx using our same credentials (worth a shot, right?) but no luck.

Thanks for any suggestions.
We have both regular FTP and SFTP available on ftp.sonic.net - depending on your client, you'll either need to change the connection type to 'SFTP' or use sftp:// instead of ftp://. The credentials should remain the same.

-- Joe M.
Sonic System Operations
I'm a proud employee of Sonic.net! :-)
2 posts Page 1 of 1