Any Sonic Employee??

General discussions and other topics.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
by Durren133 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:57 pm
Re-posting this as I was told when I called that questions get answered and I have been waiting 2 months with no response. Can someone please give me some sort of answer?

Original post:

I have been following Sonic for a long time now and have been waiting to be able to sign up. I am currently in Brentwood and feel as if I am on a non-Sonic island. My neighbors surrounding and directly across the street have Sonic but I am not able to get it. Is there any way Sonic can make this happen or anything I can do to get Sonic. We are dumping our current provider soon and before we went with another one we wanted to make sure there we explored all of the Sonic options. We are ready to sign up today.

Thanks!

J. Durrenberger

Durren133@gmail.com
by m.harmon » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:33 am
It is likely there is a conduit issue. Could you get me your exact address?
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
by Durren133 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:13 pm
I am on Redhaven street between Rainier st and Norris st. I know Rainier st has Sonic.
by m.harmon » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:18 pm
Let me see what I can find out.
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
by m.harmon » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:45 pm
For the fiber in Brentwood we run it exclusively via conduit placed by developers during subdivision initial construction. For Redhaven street there is no conduit for us to run the fiber.
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
by dane » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:47 pm
m.harmon wrote:For the fiber in Brentwood we run it exclusively via conduit placed by developers during subdivision initial construction. For Redhaven street there is no conduit for us to run the fiber.
One additional bit of info: the City of Brentwood began requiring developers to include the extra conduit for fiber around 1999, so homes built prior to that won't have it.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Durren133 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:59 am
Thank you for the reply. I understand what you are saying, but there are houses built the same year as mine and directly across the street that have Sonic. It seems that my street is an island that is surrounded by where sonic is available . All of the houses were built around 2002. Is there any possibility of getting it in the future? There was also a time when we were told we could have it if interest was shown by a certain amount of residents.
by dane » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:56 am
Durren133 wrote:Thank you for the reply. I understand what you are saying, but there are houses built the same year as mine and directly across the street that have Sonic. It seems that my street is an island that is surrounded by where sonic is available . All of the houses were built around 2002. Is there any possibility of getting it in the future? There was also a time when we were told we could have it if interest was shown by a certain amount of residents.
This subdivision was built right in the middle of the implementation of the dig once policies. Garin Ranch was built in phases, with some regions that were built later (North and West) that got conduit, and some that were built earlier not having it. Here's the map of the region with some detail:

Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Durren133 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:43 pm
Interesting. Thank you very much!! So basically we are out of luck for Sonic?
by dane » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:54 pm
Durren133 wrote:Interesting. Thank you very much!! So basically we are out of luck for Sonic?
We've recently expanded our fiber resale relationship with AT&T, so we may have products available to you that utilize their network. Check our website now at http://sonic.com/availability for info!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
10 posts Page 1 of 1