Dane is leaving our neighborhood out of the Sonic revolution.......

General discussions and other topics.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by oldskater68 » Tue May 29, 2018 2:58 pm
Dane,
Why are you leaving my neighborhood out of the Sonic revolution and making us wallow in the Comcast and AT&T hell.( and don't say cost of running duct work) you've done it in other neighborhoods.
I live in a small neighborhood sandwiched in between neighborhoods that are basking in the pools of Gigabit fiber internet. I swear they are standing in their windows (as their TV's stream effortlessly and there wireless devices run without buffering) just taunting us. Why? I am less than a few hundred feet from internet greatness. I had your service back in our old neighborhood and though not perfect at first it definitely improved and I was more than satisfied. And I was once one of those standing in my window looking out over those that didn't have Sonic, but I watched as crews installed the duct work through this older neighborhood.
So come on for the love of all that's right in the world ( which sadly isn't much) and help us out, throw us a bone , help a brother out , DO THE RIGHT THING MAN! before we all become Comcast zombies and wither away to nothing.
Please, Ill put signs in my yard.

desperate on Wildrose Way in Brentwood, Ca
by dane » Tue May 29, 2018 3:49 pm
Generally in Brentwood, newer neighborhoods have conduit for fiber, while older ones do not. Sorry!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by oldskater68 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:05 pm
SORRY?? short , sweet and spoken like a true CEO. Come on Dane I have seen them put in the conduit in other neighborhoods equally as old.
by dane » Tue May 29, 2018 8:13 pm
In Brentwood our service is exclusively delivered via conduit placed by developers during subdivision initial construction. We didn’t build to homes, our construction there was limited to interconnection of subdivisions to backbone.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by oldskater68 » Wed May 30, 2018 6:18 am
Well by all means tear up my yard, Ill be the test house for my neighborhood. I mean we cant help "take the power out of big internet companies hands" if we don't have a choice. Just use PG&E's conduits that they aren't using, we did it all the time in Cleveland. Our neighborhood has power vaults all around it. We need that "amazing fiber" in our neighborhood.
by digitalbitstream » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:22 pm
@oldskater68 do you know your neighbors?
Any of them, hint hint, who are in line of sight?
Google "Ubquity point to point Internet". And don't read any TOS too carefully.
A gigabit pipe is big enough to share.
6 posts Page 1 of 1