How do I forward ports for PSN??

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by tomhoward53 » Tue May 01, 2018 11:06 am
My PS4 is connected to my router/internet, however because specific ports are closed on the router I cannot connect to the PlayStation Network. I followed the trouble shooting via the PS4 website and the result is that I needed to contact my ISP. Before contacting, I decided to give it a shot myself. The router is an AT&T UVerse model NVG599. I was able to go into router settings on my laptop and try on my own, however I was unsuccessful. I was able to select PlayStation Network from the dropdown menu under Firewall->NAT/Gaming and it opened specific ports (although they didn't match every port given by PS4) and it still didn't work. I tried custom set up, but it doesn't allow you to input all of the ports or at least I couldn't figure out how.

I am the least tech guy so all of this is basically latin to me, but according to the PS4 trouble shooting site the ports that need to be opened are as follows:

TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480
UDP: 3478, 3479

The router settings from the drop down menu open all ports EXCEPT 3480 and it also opened two ports that i didn't need (3658, 5223). Like i said, i tried a custom setup but that didn't work either.

I contacted AT&T, but since I don't have a UVerse account with them they couldn't go in and configure the ports to allow me to connect to PSN nor could they talk me through it. I contacted Sonic and THEY can't help me either due to liability and told me to come here. I can't find any posts in here that refer to this problem so now I'm back at square 1. Ive googled, watched youtube videos, gone to other forums, read articles and nothing is working.

I need a step by step breakdown of how to forward my ports on this specific AT&T UVerse model NVG599 to allow me to connect to the PSN. Any help would be appreciated.

So. Frustrating
by rtrinh » Wed May 02, 2018 3:12 pm
Which ports could you not open up with custom setup?

Have you tried using the built in PSN service settings on the router plus a custom service setup for the remaining ports not opened?
by Guest » Wed May 02, 2018 4:51 pm
Even without port forwarding, you should still be able to connect to the PSN network. Under network status it may say something about restricted NAT but you should still be able to connect to PSN. How are you connecting the PS4 to the modem? Was the PSN up at the time you tried to connect? https://status.playstation.com/en-us/
tomhoward53 wrote:My PS4 is connected to my router/internet, however because specific ports are closed on the router I cannot connect to the PlayStation Network. I followed the trouble shooting via the PS4 website and the result is that I needed to contact my ISP. Before contacting, I decided to give it a shot myself. The router is an AT&T UVerse model NVG599. I was able to go into router settings on my laptop and try on my own, however I was unsuccessful. I was able to select PlayStation Network from the dropdown menu under Firewall->NAT/Gaming and it opened specific ports (although they didn't match every port given by PS4) and it still didn't work. I tried custom set up, but it doesn't allow you to input all of the ports or at least I couldn't figure out how.

I am the least tech guy so all of this is basically latin to me, but according to the PS4 trouble shooting site the ports that need to be opened are as follows:

TCP: 80, 443, 3478, 3479, 3480
UDP: 3478, 3479

The router settings from the drop down menu open all ports EXCEPT 3480 and it also opened two ports that i didn't need (3658, 5223). Like i said, i tried a custom setup but that didn't work either.

I contacted AT&T, but since I don't have a UVerse account with them they couldn't go in and configure the ports to allow me to connect to PSN nor could they talk me through it. I contacted Sonic and THEY can't help me either due to liability and told me to come here. I can't find any posts in here that refer to this problem so now I'm back at square 1. Ive googled, watched youtube videos, gone to other forums, read articles and nothing is working.

I need a step by step breakdown of how to forward my ports on this specific AT&T UVerse model NVG599 to allow me to connect to the PSN. Any help would be appreciated.

So. Frustrating
3 posts Page 1 of 1