Fusion subject to voice line taxes

General discussions and other topics.
12 posts Page 2 of 2
by virtualmike » Fri May 11, 2012 1:11 am
Thanks! I'd missed that.

I know that in some other states, LECs would leave the lines "warm" so they could make it as "convenient" as possible for a new resident to establish service. I remember seeing a PR piece from Verizon (landline) on the East Coast, proudly announcing the new policy. However, those jurisdictions could easily be changing their regulations, as well.
by rcoaster » Fri May 11, 2012 1:47 pm
dane wrote:My hope is that over time, Fusion voice will become more compelling to you than the low cost VoIP provider... POTS landline is also useful in an emergency, and is more likely to be available and useful for e911 if that should be needed.
The voice part of Fusion service was half the reason I signed up with Sonic. Specifically, that it is REAL, analog, line-powered phone service. Also, that unlimited long-distance service is included. I expect to use my home phones MORE now that I will never have to think about what time or day it is when I make calls, and will not have to care whether the call is local or not. I am surprised how many people accept all of the compromises of cell phone and Internet calling from home.
12 posts Page 2 of 2