New customer - Appointment vs UPS ordering

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by presw » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:11 am
New customer here -- just signed up online and on the welcome screen after inputting all my details, I was presented with a green bar button for scheduling an appointment and a little ways down another green bar button for ordering a $99 UPS power supply.

The Appointment button was loading a new window with an error in it. Between debugging why that was the case and going back to the original window, I clicked the "Order a $99 UPS power supply" button instead of the "Appointment" button, thus automagically ordered a UPS power supply with no confirmation as to whether or not that was my intention.

I'll call the helpline in the morning (one: because there doesn't seem to be any way to actually schedule an installation appointment once you've signed up for the service via the web [in the case of that button failing as it did for me] and two: because I don't want a $99 UPS power supply), but it would be nice if you consider adding a confirmation to that or making it distinctly different (placement / color / etc) from the "Schedule" an appointment button.
by rodrigo » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:02 pm
Hi there!

It looks like you did, indeed, call in to get scheduled. I'll be looking into what error caused you to be unable to do it at time of signup.

As to the UPS button, we'll work on improving not only the differentiation in the controls on that page, but also into clarifying the messaging - Requesting the UPS does not immediately go into effect (no charge is added to the account), it merely signals that our installer will be sure to have one on-hand, and will offer it when they come to set up service.

Thank you for the feedback!
2 posts Page 1 of 1