Removing old e-mails from Sonic server

General discussions and other topics.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by skr » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:44 am
I am being billed for usage of excessive disk space. Can someone tell me how to delete old messages from the Sonic server? I have looked on my mail preferences and cannot find where it would safe something like delete original messages from the server after 90 days. I have also logged into my account with Sonic and do not find a way.

Thanks in advance.

Scott
by miken » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:32 am
If you are looking for a one time fix, Support can delete messages in bulk in a 'Delete older than X days' format. https://sonic.com/support/

For a permanent solution - Webmail doesn't have any settings for that, you'd need to delete messages when you no longer need them. If you are using an email client that may have additional settings you can modify.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by kgc » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:38 am
If you're using Thunderbird, the "Awesome Auto Archive" extension can be very helpful. Also keep in mind that message age may be less interesting than message size - a single attachment can take up the same amount of space as thousands of text emails.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by wildflower@sonic.net » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:15 pm
How do I bulk delete (permanently) webmail from the sonic server?
I am so tired of paying extra and I'm not going to sit here for hours selecting and deleting individual emails....and I want to do this myself.
Thanks
Karin
by kgc » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:24 pm
How to do this easily depends a lot on what client you use and how many messages you need to delete. For example, Thunderbird provides some built in options for archiving email that could be helpful. You can also do something like sort the messages by size so messages with attachments are show first, then delete those once you have saved any attachments. You could also move these to a local folder on your computer.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
5 posts Page 1 of 1