1) Called AT&T, and one of their technicians came to our house. Said he could move the wire if I were an AT&T customer. But couldn't move the wire as I was a SONIC customer. Said I needed to make arrangements with Sonic.
2) Called SONIC. Was told bluntly that the AT&T wire could not be moved. Say what??
3) Called SONIC again. Was told there was but one circumstance under which an AT&T wire can be moved. Only if home-remodeling is being done. Fortunately, looks like I qualify as both front yard landscape and front of house is being remodeled.
4) SONIC rep tells me that a supervisor will call me with full detail by 11 AM this morning Thursday February 15th. It's now 1 PM. No phone call. So...
5) I make another call to SONIC to reschedule the conversation about moving a wire with a tech supervisor. I tell them there is a time window to reach me, and that's before 11 AM, as I'm out of my house after that (and I use a landline, not a mobile phone). I'm told Sonic calls on it's own schedule within a 48 hour time frame. Zero, zip, no assurance is given that I can get a call before 11 AM when I am home.
6) My conclusions so far? SONIC is badly hobbled by its own internal bureaucracy. Apparently there is not a single person at SONIC who can promptly answer simple questions about moving a wire. I'm already a couple days into trying to get what should be simple answers. But no reliable information has been given to me about how to get the wire moved. One promised call back has failed. I'm also told SONIC cannot reliably schedule a call-back before 11AM when I'm at home.
What's really weird about all this is that SONIC is one of the better ISPs (others are consistently worse). But now I am losing confidence in any quality of service from SONIC. Please, can someone at SONIC get their act together with simple and reliable information about how to get an AT&T wire moved in my front yard?
To be continued...
A SONIC customer for almost 15 years