Why does Sonic have such a low Better Business Bureau rating and what is it doing to improve it?

General discussions and other topics.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by Alice_K » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:42 pm
I'm very interested in signing up for Sonic's services because of their support of net neutrality and lower prices but I'm concerned that it has a very low Better Business Bureau rating. Their Better Business Bureau rating is F. See https://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francis ... a-ca-57815 . The BBB states, "Factors that affect the rating for Sonic.net, Inc. include: Failure to respond to 14 complaint(s) filed against business" Why didn't Sonic reply to these complaints and is it planning on doing so? What is Sonic doing to make sure that complaints filed against it in the future are responded to in a timely manner?
by dragonsclaw » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:48 am
I have no direct info on the BBB items , but from what I have experienced in the YEARS I have used Sonic Fusion service, It beats all expectations compared to AT&T and Earthlink, both were my former providers).
There is a class of people who complain (negative reviews), when they do not get their way. They are ' I WANT'ers.. Not everything is doable...everywhere. Right-of-way access for Sonic connectivity is controlled by others .

Dane, himself has responded to questions and suggestions made in these forums. You tell me what other ISP with the coverage of Sonic, does that?

Perfect? No. But Sonic is still is way, way above the average.
by dane » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:06 am
I've never seen any communication from BBB, so I'm not sure how we'd have responded. I'll give the BBB a one star rating for communication toward the business. ;)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by blimpboy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:23 pm
[Gosh mickey !
[/b]We've been using Sonic for what seems like 20 years.. maybe I exaggerate a tad.
I simply cannot think of a business with better ethics, better customer and technical service !

I get knowledgeable technical support, it's local, it's personal, and they are tenacious in helping me solve a problem if I have one, or zeroing in on an ATT phone line problem ( which is usually what it is out here in the sticks).

Almost nobody on the planet gets "customer loyalty" from me.. but Sonic Does !
Nobody in the internet business is going to treat you half as good as Sonic.
by mediahound » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:01 pm
BBB is a scam anyways. A business has to PAY to get a top rating with them. Word to the wise.
by jimstinnett » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:31 am
People are probably complaining about Bandwidth Whiplash. This occurs when you go from 30mbps to 980mbps. For many, it's just too fast.
6 posts Page 1 of 1