why is the VPN not supported?

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by netllama » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:11 pm
Every time I contact the Support group with a question or problem with the VPN, I'm turned away with the statement "unsupported by Sonic's technical support department.", and told to post to the forum for assistance.

Why is the VPN not supported?
by dct » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:01 pm
Hey Netllama,

The VPN is provided for as one of our "labs" services, meaning that it's not production ready, and more akin to a beta test.

Our customer support team doesn't provide technical support for this service because the setup, configuration, and troubleshooting process can be very involved, especially in cases where the service itself is functioning fine, but a third party router or firewall is objecting to this method of transferring data, much like the issue you seem to be having with Netflix.

Posting in the forums (here specifically: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3397), does get this information to the necessary parties. If there is something that they can address with the VPN service, they will do so as they are able.

I'm sorry if this isn't the level of support you're looking for with this service, but hopefully we can get this moving in the right direction. If you have any questions, please post here or send me a PM.
Dan T.
Community & Escalations Manager
707-547-3400
@Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1