Urgent need for lower cost service in San Jose

General discussions and other topics.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by sunilsj » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:22 pm
I currently have Fusion x 1 internet and voice service with download speed of just under 5 Mbps with a monthly cost of about $60. I have an urgent need for more bandwidth. The only option in my area is FTTN x 2 with a monthly after-tax cost of about $82 for the first year and $92 in subsequent years for a download speed of 50 Mbps. This cost is extremely uncompetitive. Similar products from ATT and Comcast cost about $60 per month for savings of $240 in the first year and $360 in subsequent years. These are substantial savings over the cost of the FTTN x 2 service from Sonic. As a result, it is unlikely that Sonic will get new customers and achieve sufficient critical mass to be able to install fiber in my area. There is urgent need to offer a lesser cost FTTN x 1 service in my area. Thanks.
by danielg4 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:43 pm
This may not apply to you, but Comcast now has a discount for low-income seniors. However, I don't know whether they have this discount in SJ, nor pretty much anything else about it but the web page: https://internetessentials.com/Seniors
by dherr » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:25 am
Also note that Sonic can do FTTN X1 if FTTN X2 is an option. Call sales if you are interested.
by danielg4 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:05 pm
dherr wrote:Also note that Sonic can do FTTN X1 if FTTN X2 is an option. Call sales if you are interested.
Total bill on that would be around $70-ish where FusionX1 is $60, because you gotta add on the non-optional ATA rental in addition to modem rental.
by digitalbitstream » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:14 am
Do you or your neighbors qualify for SNAP?
Then check out https://www.att.com/shop/internet/access/#/ for $10/month internet (including modem rental).
Dane has said that Sonic does not participate in the FCC broadband program (which pays $10/month). Thus AT&T gets $20/month from the low income customers.
5 posts Page 1 of 1