Firmware Post Update Issues-Pace 5268AC Modem/Router

General discussions and other topics.
1 post Page 1 of 1
by trungqhuynh » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:30 am
Not sure how many if any of you are experiencing this but after Sonic updated my Pace 5268AC Modem/Router unit, port forwarding/P2P stopped working regardless of what I do. My unit was updated on 12/22/17 and I had this issue. If you have security surveillance installed or home security systems installed and you monitor activity remotely with your Android app on your phone, it no longer works after the firmware update. I emailed tech support and I got this response back... "We are not trained on their party equipment or port forwarding" and didn't bother reading my detailed description of the problem and what I suspected was causing the problem. I called Sonic Tech Support instead and the person helped me was extremely helpful and knew that the FW update broke something so he sent me a replacement Modem/Router unit. The replacement Modem/Router unit fixed my issues! Hope this will help those experiencing the same issues like me.
1 post Page 1 of 1