Help with smtp setup

General discussions and other topics.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by pathma » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:33 pm
When I had Fusion I had my sendmail authenticating to sonic's smtp server fine. Now I've
upgrades to FTTN and my hostname has changed from *.dsl.static.fusionbroadband.com
to *.lightspeed.okldca.sbcglobal.net And now sonic's smtp is not accepting my mail

I tried to put in ATT's smtp server, but I am using <username>@sonic.net to authenticate
which ATT's servers won't understand. How do I proceed?

Thanks
Pathma
by miken » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:05 am
You are still going to use Sonic's SMTP server to connect. I'd recommend finding the client closest to yours and verifying your settings are correct: https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Category:Mail

If that doesn't fix the issue, give our Support a call. https://sonic.com/support_cba_request
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by robert_s » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:59 am
pathma wrote:When I had Fusion I had my sendmail authenticating to sonic's smtp server fine. Now I've
upgrades to FTTN and my hostname has changed from *.dsl.static.fusionbroadband.com
to *.lightspeed.okldca.sbcglobal.net And now sonic's smtp is not accepting my mail

I tried to put in ATT's smtp server, but I am using <username>@sonic.net to authenticate
which ATT's servers won't understand. How do I proceed?

Thanks
Pathma
I checked our SMTP logs and it looks like the messages were relayed and the receiving MX server accepted the message. Were you getting a bounce? Let me know a time and date of a failed message and I can look into it further.
Robert S.
Proud Sonic Employee
707-547-3400
by pathma » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:07 am
Thanks I found a workaround, previously mails from root were denied. I think I had that
working before my upgrade. Anyway, it works as non root.

Pathma
by robert_s » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:49 am
Happy to help!
Robert S.
Proud Sonic Employee
707-547-3400
5 posts Page 1 of 1