payment options

General discussions and other topics.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:15 pm
I would love to subscribe to your service but would rather pay by check (would pay a year in advance for the privilege) instead of having the company in my credit card account. Better for you (no discount for you) and better for me (more secure).
by thulsa_doom » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:00 pm
For all broadband services we require initial payment by credit card and we keep a credit card on file for those accounts. We accept payment by check, so subsequently you are welcome to pay by that means. Some of our other customers that share your concerns have used a pre-paid credit card for the initial payment and then subsequently used checks for monthly payment. You can get cards like that at many shopping malls, or Wal-mart, as I understand (I've never used one myself, so this is hearsay).

The trick to that becomes that we attempt to charge the credit card on file five days before the account is due. If we process the check before then, we never even try to hit the card on file.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
by dane » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:16 pm
John, not quite correct.

For Fusion service we only accept credit or debit card payments. This condition allows for compete automation of the billing systems for Fusiom service, resulting in lower costs for all customers.

If you do not have a credit or debit card currently, you can obtain one from a variety of banks and retailers including Simon malls, Walmart and many others.

For our older services other than Fusiom, we still accept check payments, but are actively working toward limiting or eliminating check processing.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by SonicUser » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:58 pm
Hate to revive an old topic, but I think this applies to my situation. I currently tried to get a prepaid from akimbocard since they claim to have no monthly fees but after confirming my email and providing them my SSN, address, phone, and DOB to have my card shipped they suspended my account and said they want more info and need a photo id scanned and sent. As you can guess, I won't be doing that LOL. So that leads me to my next questions to see what my options are before I start applying elsewhere (or maybe I should just purchase one at the store and have it preloaded):

1) Is credit/debit cards still only way to pay?
2) Anyone have any suggestions for prepaid where I don't have to worry about an account freeze before even being opened?
(Yes, I've searched online plenty but would like someone who actually used one with reputable provider).
3) Is paypal going to be an option in the future?
4) Anyway to use routing/account number?

Thanks for any info.
by dane » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:16 pm
Currently, a Visa or Mastercard type credit or debit card is required. We are working toward having ACH (bank routing/account) debit as an option in future, but this isn't yet available.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by emilh » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:51 am
I was also concerned on entering my credit card information. I then contacted Sonic Support (a while ago) and got the following response:

"Thanks for reaching out! You could also make your monthly payments in the Member Tools site in Sonic.com. You would just need to mark the box that says you do not want to keep your credit card for auto-billing and the information will not be saved.
Other options would be if you want to set a bill pay with your bank or mail in your payments."

So according to the support it should be possible to setup "bill pay".

When I later asked how: "What information should I give my bank to set up the bill pay? Do you have an routing number and/or account number?"

The responded the bank should know and I got the address:

2260 Apollo Way
Santa Rosa, CA 95407
by dane » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:09 am
For our residential Fusion services, that answer is not correct. A Visa or Mastercard, credit or debit, is required. You can use a prepaid debit card, if you do not have a bank account or credit card account.

ACH payment, automatic payment via a bank routing & account number is coming soon, and that'll present another option for folks who prefer not to use Visa/Mastercard branded cards.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by tokenboss » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:53 pm
dear Dane,
you are laying conduit in Sebastopol on Watertrough Rd. would you please go up Burnside rd also to access another 100 homes, please please, please
by Soren » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:55 am
Bank of America is (on short notice) ending support for ShopSafe, a decade-old system which generates CC numbers that only work with the first merchant that charges them. Except for having to update the expiration dates every year, it has been perfect for keeping numbers on file with companies like Sonic.

BoA says that "digital wallets" (like Apple Pay and Visa Checkout?) are the future, but I have yet to find a way to pay Sonic or other bills with a digital wallet. I do see that ACH payments are now supported by Sonic, but I'm not confident that providing my checking account info to Sonic is any more secure than providing my primary CC number.

-Soren
by ewhac » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:05 pm
Soren wrote:Bank of America is (on short notice) ending support for ShopSafe, a decade-old system which generates CC numbers that only work with the first merchant that charges them. [ ... ]
Wow, that's disappointing and annoying. That was one of the few cool things BofA did. I used ShopSafe to feed CC numbers to my Xbox and Nintendo Switch, who unjustifiably demand them as part of account setup before they'll let you browse the online stores.

(*forehead smack*) Oh! I know why they're killing it. It's written in Macromedia Flash, which at this point is basically a rootkit, so everyone's getting rid of it. I'll bet the original developer(s) left BofA, and nobody knows how to re-write it for HTML5.
BoA says that "digital wallets" (like Apple Pay and Visa Checkout?) are the future [ ... ]
(*snerk*) BofA still can't even do 2FA properly. I'm sure they have no idea what they're talking about.
10 posts Page 1 of 1