sonic mobile communicator

General discussions and other topics.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
by anson » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:12 pm
Folks,

Anyone know if the sonic mobile communicator will work out of country? I have only tried it at home when my phone is on wifi. I have not been able to find any info on requirements as the only documentation is for the install.

I am leaving the country and am hoping to use the app to make calls back to the US. This will cut down the need for a new number and just require data on the phone.

This app is great if you have a need to make international calls to countries which are covered under the free call list. You can use this link to determine what charges, if any, will be imposed for the international call.
by dane » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:26 pm
As long as your internet connection is solid, it should work anywhere.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by anson » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:45 pm
Thanks for confirming Dane.
by worthy.ken » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:48 pm
I've used it successfully in other countries.
by lmathew » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:02 pm
I download the Sonic Mobile communicator on my iphone and try to login using the Sonic member user id /password it did not work.

Today I call the Sonic support tech, he told me that I need Fiber internet connection to use this mobile app. Not sure what is iPhone sonic mobile app got to do with Sonic fiber connection for internet ;)

He said since I am using copper wire to connect to internet, i will not have use id and password to use on SMC app.

Can some help, why my userid/passwd does not work in SMC app. My user id/passwd works fine at https://members.sonic.net/voice/.

Thank you
Liji Mathew
by miken » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:48 am
lmathew wrote: Today I call the Sonic support tech, he told me that I need Fiber internet connection to use this mobile app. Not sure what is iPhone sonic mobile app got to do with Sonic fiber connection for internet ;)

He said since I am using copper wire to connect to internet, i will not have use id and password to use on SMC app.
I answered your PM - but in case anyone else has the same question: Sonic Mobile Communicator is currently only available to users with a phone number on VoIP, which is currently only our Fusion Fiber and Fusion FTTN services.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by Buzzy » Tue May 07, 2019 1:37 pm
I currently am trying to use the SMC on android and upon attempting to login, I enter my VOIP phone number associated with Sonic and the same password I use to log into sonic.net but this returns a invalid result. Is the password for the SMC different from my online login?
by cmeisel » Fri May 10, 2019 12:41 am
Yes you set it. Member services - voice - click on your number - view account settings (lower right)
by Buzzy » Tue May 21, 2019 11:51 am
Thank you cmeisel!
by 6109948347 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:23 pm
Hi there, I am working for a company called marketing system group Philly.

Offshore in India I have downloaded accession and got a suggestion to work with smc app which works better than accession but could not download in android app. Accession throws an error stating service error.

Please let know how to download the app when I am in India so that I can use the communicator in India.
10 posts Page 1 of 1