Quad9 Public DNS servers 9.9.9.9?

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by SonicGuest » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:52 am
Has anyone used the quad9 servers yet? https://www.quad9.net
Looks like a better option than using googles public DNS servers when you can't use Sonic's DNS. Looks like they support DNSSEC but not DNSCrypt.
by sysops » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:28 pm
I haven't heard of it but would definitely consider giving them a try. Their data policy looks great. The details about temporary and permanent logs look just like what Google says.

I personally don't and wouldn't use Google DNS, but on the surface, Google's DNS privacy policy seems reasonable and keeps the DNS data separate from any other data they may accumulate about your IP.

It seems pretty clear that the Quad9 offering is free because they want to start gaining insight into DNS requests to help combat malware and use that information for their own analysis. I'd rather give my DNS to them for those reasons than Google personally (shrug).
Proud Sonic customer since 1999. Ask me about internet privacy, VPN, anonymity and security.
2 posts Page 1 of 1