Upset Customer

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by Jgonzo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:43 am
My bill has gone up $20 in the last 2 months. This is absolutely ludicrous! $49.11 for the first year to $59.36 a month ago to $69.27 this month.

THATS A 41% INCREASE

I used to tout sonic high based on the $49.11 price point. Those days are over.

Would you rather have 100 customers at 49.11 or 50 at 69.27? I will no longer be recommending sonic to family and friends. The 40 dollar price point is a gimmick. I understand taxes and fees, its a part of life. I was happy with the 49.11 price point.

I called to discuss this with customer service and the increase is due to a year promotion expired and a company increase in price even though it still says $40 a month on the website advertised. "new customers only"

I was told I could drop my price by buying a modem ($10) savings and I was free to shop around. Really, your answer to me is to shop around? Thats customer service?

I was with one of the big companies for almost 7 years and when I was out of contract they never raised the base price of my service. Maybe its time to go back and get the "new customer price".

This will also be posted on our local Brentwood Facebook and Nextdoor to give those potential new customers warning as well as to those who might not look at month to month bills.

If a corner gas station raised prices 41% over night would you still fill up there or would you go to the 3 other stations on the other corners?
by Carlosb » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:47 pm
I was in the same boat and was just trying to save a few bucks by buying my own modem and dropping the phone services that are not being used to no avail so I decided to cancel and to my disgust, Sonic is still billing for a whole month that I am not using it anymore and to tp it, still have to pay freight charges to return their equipment. Shame on you Sonic after almost 3 years...
2 posts Page 1 of 1