How did my $49.50 a month become $75 after ONE MONTH?

General discussions and other topics.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by wdavies » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:54 am
I am doing my best to not curse. It is very hard.

Was told it would be $40. Turns out it's $49.50 because of mandatory "landline".
October, billed $49.50
November, billed $75.

What.
The.
Frack.

50% bill increase, 4 weeks in? Even Xfinity/Comcast never screwed me that hard.

We will be parting company unless I get a VP or higher grovelling with a refund in hand and a promise that this bill will not change again.

W
by drew.phillips » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:44 am
Hi David,

We apologize for the confusion. This was due to a glitch with taxes and discounts that affected a small number of new accounts.

After your first month free, the bill for $49.50 did not include any of the taxes that were supposed to be on your bill. Because of this, the second invoice charged taxes for the current and previous month to make up for the missed charges.

Your next bill and those following will be in line with what you should expect your monthly charges to be (49.50 + taxes).
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
by wdavies » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:04 am
A small glitch?

Is that related to the glitch that made the "$40" internet become a $62.50 internet?

I'm frankly done.

W
by wdavies » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:13 am
Let me ask something, given that this hidden figure was your fault, and happened over 30 days after it happened, can I cancel my service for free still? You hid the price for that month.
by wdavies » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:14 am
You know, the other thing you could do to retain me is to take the landline back. I never wanted it in the first place, and it would appear to be where the taxes all come from....
by miken » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:46 am
The price of our single line Fusion is $40 a month plus taxes and fees and that pricing is something we disclose on sign up (whether over the phone or on our website). I'm sorry to hear that somewhere down the line there was some miscommunication. Your account is out of it's grace period for cancelling without an Early Termination Fee, but I'd be happy to investigate this situation further for you and see what can be done. If you'd like me to look into it, please feel free to send me a Private Message here on the forums.

As for the voice portion of the service, we currently only offer Internet + Phone for our Fusion services and there's currently no way to sign up for Internet-only.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by donkeyballs » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:07 pm
Yep, Internet + Voice regardless of whether or not you use the Voice. Like Pokemon, Gotta collect all those line items! If it was up to you know who, you'd be getting Internet + Voice + Television + Cellular + managed IoT and home security!
7 posts Page 1 of 1