Full Speed Santa Clara Request

General discussions and other topics.
17 posts Page 1 of 2
by Unicornrainbow » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:59 pm
I inquired about Sonic a year or so ago. I was told by the honest rep on the phone from Sonic I couldn't get speeds as fast as I am used to from Comcast due to my location in Santa Clara. I'd love to have another option but Comcast isn't my only one right now.

My neighbors are discussing on next door our wish for Christmas that we could get Sonic with the full speed, big pipe down here.

Are there any plans in the future on your road map to extend a bigger pipe in Santa Clara? And let us break off the chains of Comcast?

PS: I hope all of you are okay and safe and well up there in Santa Rosa.
by SantaClaraMike » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:10 am
I would like to add my voice to this and say that down here in South Bay we are desperate for Sonic to make its way down. We see the adds online and hear about the excellent customer service from friends but have no recourse but to give our money to the extorshionists at Comcast or att.
by Bill C » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:46 am
Dear Mr Jasper,

Your website still only shows 3 cities having your "golden goose", gigabit fiber, with San Francisco being one of them. We don't want to move to San Francisco, so we're making a bid to bring it here to Santa Clara.

If they can move the 49ers from San Francisco to Santa Clara, and build a stadium in Santa Clara, surely we could get Sonic.net gigabit fiber in Santa Clara! Please just tell us, the people of Santa Clara, what we need to do to make this happen, and we will make it happen.

Thank you!

(and our prayers are with you and your neighbors in Santa Rosa for all the damage those fires did)

Bill C.
by Hondo » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:05 am
Being here in the center of Silicon Valley would be great for everyone! Right now we have to bow to the Comcast Gods including ever increasing prices. Competition is GOOD....Please think about coming down to Santa Clara....
by rickatech » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:30 am
Please, please. Move from Cupertino where I had AT&T GigaPower fiber. Now in Santa Clara, AT&T so slow.

Sonic please help!

3131 Homestead Road
Santa Clara, CA
by mapton » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:34 am
This is Silicon Valley ground zero. Why do we get the slowest internet?
by jayjayel » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:55 am
I was a former Sonic customer (at the regular speeds) in San Jose. I am now living in Santa Clara and miss Sonic very much. Please consider coming to this wonderful city of Santa Clara in the near future. I've missed you.

Also, my deepest regards for Santa Rosa and neighboring areas affected by the fire. I frequented Santa Rosa on my trips up and am deeply saddened by the fires/devastation. Wish you all a smooth recovery.

With Love...
by Unicornrainbow » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:32 pm
mapton wrote:This is Silicon Valley ground zero. Why do we get the slowest internet?

This.

Melissa in the ❤ of Silicon Valley
by jay408 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:06 pm
Adding my voice into this request. I heard about your service on the Security Now podcast and attempted to sign up for it that evening, only to discover it wasn't available in my area. I would dump Comcast in a heartbeat if you had a competiitive offering in the Santa Clara / Silicon Valley area. There's certainly demand for it here from the consumer side if you can make it happen.
by sheilab » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:23 pm
Please come to Santa Clara with your fiber service, PLEASE, I'm begging.

I've wanted to use Sonic for years but I am living in one of AT&Ts "almost dead" zones for just your vanilla service. I really can't believe that the people who invented all this get such crappy, expensive internet service. Local government needs to wake up.
17 posts Page 1 of 2