Full Speed Santa Clara Request

General discussions and other topics.
17 posts Page 2 of 2
by Fush » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:52 pm
I want to add my voice as well; would swap my expensive 50Mbps Comcast for Gig service in a heartbeat. Please? I’ll be your best friend! :-D
by AppGuy808 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:21 pm
I would also be interested in Sonic Gigabit to Santa Clara in my neighborhood near Parkway Park
by ontheedge » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:39 pm
We might have better luck pushing the City Council to set up SVP as both power and internet provider. SVP already has the fiber supporting the big businesses in Santa Clara.

I saw the big AT&T truck at Target/Sprouts earlier in the year and the worker informed me that they are putting fiber in that area and will continue to expand later. Given the fact that Sonic will not enter a contested area with low uptakes, chances are low that we will be getting Sonic anytime soon.

so tired of 3.5 mbps down....
by HHH » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:29 pm
I used to be a sonic customer on DSL in Santa Clara, but that became too slow and now I'm with the cable company. Please consider bringing fiber to Santa Clara. Thanks
by brycem » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:43 am
Yes, so much yes!

The lack of competition in the heart of the technical world here is just sickening.

Please consider pushing down here. There'd be LOTS of customers!
by jgmpzman » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:14 am
I am VERY interested in paying for gigabit speed internet from ANYONE other than Comcrap. Please come to Santa Clara and take my money :)

Thanks,
Kit Carson Ct
by kavehv » Tue May 08, 2018 2:27 pm
Chiming in to voice my support here. Santa Clara is one of the few cities where the city owns the electrical utility and thus the utility poles (rather than some conglomerate of ATT/Comcast). Relatively speaking, it should be a lot less red-tape and easier to deploy such a service here. Sonic really should consider it as there are so many tech savvy people here with an innate hatred of Comcast that would be willing to sign up for Sonic in a heartbeat.
17 posts Page 2 of 2