Usenet server down?

General discussions and other topics.
61 posts Page 6 of 7
by Guest » Thu May 17, 2012 10:03 pm
Hi, Is it down again?
by kgc » Thu May 17, 2012 10:59 pm
No, doesn't appear to be. What's the problem?
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by Guest » Thu May 17, 2012 11:03 pm
Yea, I was about to respond. It's ok now. But access was down for at least an hour or so.
by CEO of Sonic » Sun May 27, 2012 3:37 am
As long as I'm allowed to post "anonymously" here, I will continue to do so. Otherwise, I refuse to sacrifice one of my real E-Mail addresses just to post here. The idea that in order to keep things "unique and consistent" requires a real E-Mail address, instead of a meaningless none harvesting pseudonym, is IMO, nonsense. Who gets to be "Dane"? Dane of course, he was here first. Who gets to be "Dane2" or "Dane3" or "CEO of Sonic"? Me, I guess. :)

--
Michael
by dane » Sun May 27, 2012 7:42 am
You are welcome to post anonymously, we don't force you to use your Sonic login.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Double-CEO of Sonic » Mon May 28, 2012 9:46 am
CEO of Sonic wrote:Who gets to be "Dane"? Dane of course, he was here first. Who gets to be "Dane2" or "Dane3" or "CEO of Sonic"? Me, I guess. :)
That may be, but I'm the Double-CEO of Sonic, so there :-P
by dane » Mon May 28, 2012 10:13 am
You folks are weird.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by fmc » Mon May 28, 2012 11:37 am
Dane, this looks about normal for Usenet. Congrats on the successful port to phpBB!

--
Frank McConnell
by dane » Mon May 28, 2012 12:23 pm
fmc wrote:Dane, this looks about normal for Usenet. Congrats on the successful port to phpBB!

--
Frank McConnell
You are so right.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by kbenson » Wed May 30, 2012 9:35 am
CEO of Sonic wrote:As long as I'm allowed to post "anonymously" here, I will continue to do so. Otherwise, I refuse to sacrifice one of my real E-Mail addresses just to post here.
Depending on your account services, you may have some free mailbox accounts you could set up. Those are just as capable of logging in, and you don't need to ever look at the mail sent to it.

You may have other reasons to prefer staying anonymous, which is fine, but if it's primarily the email address you are worried about, there are other solutions.
61 posts Page 6 of 7