Webmail Upgrade Coming on August 21st, 2017!

General discussions and other topics.
35 posts Page 4 of 4
by struesdell » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:14 am
Thank you for the upgrade to webmail... What would REALLY be wonderful is if you can please add true push support to the IMAP protocol so email notifications alert as soon as a new email arrives on my iPhone instead of the current every 15 minute fetch schedule it is on. Thanks for all your work on delivering us great products... Sonic is the best ISP around!
by drew.phillips » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:01 pm
motet wrote:I sometimes get spam that is (intentionally?) misdated in the past, so Webmail shows there's an unread message somewhere in a page not on the current screen. I'm pretty sure there used to be a way to show only unread messages, which let me quickly locate such messages and delete them.
This is still a feature. It appears above the message list and message on the top right, just to the left of the search box. It is a dropdown with the text "All" by default. If you choose "Unread", it'll filter the list to show only unread messages.

Also, regarding our previous conversation about when messages are marked read, this turns out to be an intentional change.

When reading a message, regardless of being previewed or opened, if "Mark viewed messages as read" is set to Never, they will not be marked even if opened. Similarly, if it's set to something like 5 seconds or more and you open the message (not preview), you still have to view it for that long to mark it. This seems to emulate the behavior of clients like Thunderbird and Outlook. While it is a change from the previous version, it's intentional and they won't fix it. I'd suggest changing the setting to "Immediately" and using the 'm' hotkey to unmark it if you want to change the message to unread.
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
by drew.phillips » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:03 pm
struesdell wrote:Thank you for the upgrade to webmail... What would REALLY be wonderful is if you can please add true push support to the IMAP protocol so email notifications alert as soon as a new email arrives on my iPhone instead of the current every 15 minute fetch schedule it is on. Thanks for all your work on delivering us great products... Sonic is the best ISP around!
We do support IMAP Push (not in webmail though), if it's not working on iPhone, would you mind starting a new thread so we can further troubleshoot?
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
by struesdell » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:32 pm
Thank you Drew for your reply regarding IMAP push support for iPhone. I have posed this question before and wasn’t able to get a clear answer. I would be interested in figuring out what I’m doing wrong with my sonic email set up on my phone that is preventing the “push” setting from being active.
by motet » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:15 pm
35 posts Page 4 of 4