Credit Card Merchant Code for Sonic Corporation

General discussions and other topics.
35 posts Page 2 of 4
by dmorrissonic » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:05 pm
@Dane Jasper--

Any update on the merchant code for Sonic?
by dane » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:23 pm
dmorrissonic wrote:@Dane Jasper--

Any update on the merchant code for Sonic?
Yes, we believe the current setup is correct, sorry if that's presented any inconvenience.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by aw1 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:25 pm
This is really annoying to me. Maybe AT&T, Verizon, Tmobile all able to change the code with Sonic and there will be no Telecom company anymore. Why bother to keep diff codes. Mastercard and Visa eventually will find out when they are missing on interchange commision. We just have to keep complaining.
by aw1 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:32 pm
Dane,

What you believe is correct does not mean it is correct., Sonic is NOT a Utilities/Gas/Electric company but a telecom company that provide telephone and cable. I understand you want to pay less in credit card fee but changing the code is a little shady. I am paying 2 Fiber lines for over $120 a month ( after the 1st year discount which I am NOT complaining the extra costs) But the 5% rebate from Chase is what I should be entitled for based on the card we used for the rewards. But your move costs me $7 a month discount or $84 a year. That is what upset me.

Thanks,
Allen
by dmorrissonic » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:12 am
@Dane Jasper-

Until you fix this, I'm going to have no choice but to dispute 4% of my bill each and every month. I've always really liked you guys and have recommended Sonic to all of my friends, but if you're going to violate Visa's rules in a way that hurts me financially, I'm going to file disputes to make myself whole.

I encourage everyone reading this forum to do the same.

Enough is enough.

Dave Morris
by bobrk » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:39 am
This seems absurd. C'mon Dane, you're way smarter than that!
by aw1 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:57 am
@ dmorrissonic

How do you dispute the 4%? I will do the same thing with Chase.
by iggy402 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:44 pm
After months, Sonic's MCC is no longer 'utilities', though given the lack of followup comment by Dane, they probably didn't voluntarily do so.

I still find it pretty infuriating that Sonic purposely misclassified their merchant code to save on interchange fees, at our direct expense, and with a flimsy rationale. Sonic has already lost my faith as a good company.
by dane » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:30 pm
iggy402 wrote:After months, Sonic's MCC is no longer 'utilities', though given the lack of followup comment by Dane, they probably didn't voluntarily do so.

I still find it pretty infuriating that Sonic purposely misclassified their merchant code to save on interchange fees, at our direct expense, and with a flimsy rationale. Sonic has already lost my faith as a good company.
Clearly, this is an item we disagree on; Sonic sells telephone service and internet access, a telecom service, both of which are a utility. But as you note, we have since changed the classification. We will work to find another way to pass on the card issuer's higher costs of the non-utility classification.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by infuriated » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:24 am
What do you mean by this -

"We will work to find another way to pass on the card issuer's higher costs of the non-utility classification."

who will you be passing that on to? the end-user consumer who is already burdened enough by the most complex and asinine form of invoicing known to humankind? how about you do the right thing which is figure out how to properly absorb a cost of doing business instead of nickel and diming your revenue base to death.
35 posts Page 2 of 4