Upgrade Sonic communication issues

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by bryangros » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:02 am
I called sales and discussed the process to upgrade from Fusion to FTTN, and seems like it should give me improved performance with little cost upgrade.

She put the order in for me. Soon after I got a text to schedule a time. The earliest time from AT&T was only a few days away (6/9), but unfortunately it wasn't good for me. I texted back with a need to reschedule.

They asked my preference for date and time. I responded. They wrote back to say the earliest is 6/20. Asked me to confirm. I was a little disappointed it was so far out, but said it will have to do.

6/9 AT&T shows up anyway, just as I was heading to the airport. I had to let him know I had rescheduled the install.

On the 13th, I texted back to ask if anything opens up before the 20th, let me know. I got a curt reply that they "do not have any insights into AT&T's openings". (But I thought they were scheduling?).

On the same day I got an email saying that AT&T was turned away, and did I still want the install?. I promptly called and said I had an appointment for the 20th. He looked and said no appointment exists, he could see the texting, and he didn't know why. Now I have an appointment for the 27th, another week.

I appreciate that they emailed me to check in, but how do they not know the same thing the texting people know? The texting service is convenient. but doesn't seem reliable.
by m.harmon » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:43 am
That sounds very frustrating and I am sorry for the miscommunication. It doesn't look like I can get you a sooner date but I will be working with the scheduling team to make sure we can tighten up communications.
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
2 posts Page 1 of 1