Integrated calendar for Sonic.net email

General discussions and other topics.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by micv » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:37 pm
Why isn't there an integrated calendar for those of us who use the online sonic.net webmail? I use the webmail from my phone and my laptop and it works reasonably well. A lot better than Outlook (for Android), in my opinion. I notice in 2016, Sonic tried to bet a calendar, but apparently abandoned it. 'Sup with that?

So who else out there would use a companion calendar tied to our Sonic accounts?
by drew.phillips » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:07 pm
We still have the calendar installed on webmail-beta.sonic.net for evaluation but have not seen any feedback or much use. You're welcome to use that as your primary webmail URL to get the extra features (be aware it's also running a beta Roundcube version that's a bit different from production). Any feedback you may have on it would be very appreciated.

To bring it out of beta we'd have to offer a basic level of support for calendar issues which would require support staff to become familiar with it and have had enough use that we're confident it will be fully functional and error free which isn't something that has happened just yet.

Thanks for your interest and let me know if you have any other questions, comments, or suggestions.
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
by ralf223 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:44 pm
Since you ask, I'd be interested in using a webmail calendar as well.

FYI the current one on the beta site doesn't work - clicking on it gives the followinig error message:

FILE NOT FOUND
The requested resource was not found!
Please contact your server-administrator.

Failed request:
//webmail-beta.sonic.net/?_task=calendar

Ralf B.
by drew.phillips » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:20 pm
Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the heads up, I've fixed it so it works again. I think this must have broken when I deployed the update to production webmail on August 21st.
Drew Phillips
by ankh » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:38 am
Hm, just stumbled on this browsing the forums.

Is this a shared calendar, so two or more different email accounts @sonic.net can access the same calendar?
That would be a much-wanted feature for family scheduling.
by drew.phillips » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:18 pm
ankh wrote:Hm, just stumbled on this browsing the forums.

Is this a shared calendar, so two or more different email accounts @sonic.net can access the same calendar?
That would be a much-wanted feature for family scheduling.
Unfortunately, I don't see any way of loading in a calendar from another account, though it does support publishing your calendar via iCal format so it could be accessed by another application that does support that.
Drew Phillips
6 posts Page 1 of 1