response time for emailed support requests?

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by netllama » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:21 pm
Anyone know what the expected response time is for emailed (support@sonic.net) support requests? I contacted support@sonic.net around 7AM on Feb 28, got an immediate auto-reply acknowledging the request (with case #, etc), and since then I've gotten nothing. Seems kinda odd that there would be no human reply after 24 hours, but I've never needed to contact them before, so maybe my expectations are not right?
by tjj » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:47 pm
Generally, we aim to respond in under a couple of hours. With the recent Ars article, we have been busier than usual and are working as fast as we can to get caught up on the backlog. We respond to the oldest requests first and go from there. Some are easy, quick answers and others take more time to investigate and troubleshoot before a reply. Trust me, we are working on it!
Tage J.
Sonic.net Customer Support
by netllama » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:18 pm
ok, as long as this isn't a case of falling into a black hole, I'll be patient. thanks for the response.
by dane » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:44 am
Sorry, we have seen our average ticket response times go up due to increased workload. Here's the stats for the various departments (note that noc and ops are internal, staff initiated or transferred tickets), FYI:

--
Ticket audit report for Feb 19, 2012 12:00:00 am to Feb 26, 2012 12:00:00 am

billing- Average work-hours between interactions: 2.2
noc- Average work-hours between interactions: 0.39
ops- Average work-hours between interactions: 1.45
sales- Average work-hours between interactions: 3.37
tech- Average work-hours between interactions: 4.92

Overall average: 4.29
--

Our target is a one hour average, FYI, and we're working to bring the current stats down to this level by hiring and training more staff! If you know any nice, local people who are seeking a job, please refer them to: http://sonic.net/jobs
Dane Jasper
Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1