Router rental rip off

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by thisaintgood » Fri May 19, 2017 8:43 am
when i signed up for service I informed them about having my own router and they told me to return it once the service is installed. When the installer came to my house I told him about the same thing. He repeated the same thing "just return it tomorrow". Obviously i didn't return right away and forgot about it for few months (my own fault) but now when I called to return it, they are asking for $10 shipping fees. I'm like I never wanted it and you guys wouldn't install the service without renting the router from you guys for the first month and now you want shipping fees to return it.

I live in SF and can't believe they don't have an office in the city where I can drop this off. the nearest place is 1hr+ away. What a rip off. So even if you return the device the next day, you would end up paying $20 for the router.
by curtiswon » Sun May 21, 2017 2:06 am
At least they'll provide a return box, and if you just whine to support they'll probably drop the shipping fee. Welcome to the club :)
2 posts Page 1 of 1