connecting mailing lists?

General discussions and other topics.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by karinbur » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:23 pm
I've created two email lists, a "low flow" and a "chat."

I would like to link them so that all postings to the "low flow" automatically go to the "chat," but not the reverse direction.

Can anyone instruct me on how to do that? I suspect it has something to do with "umbrella" or "sibling" options, but I can't figure out what all the settings should be. No one so far at Sonic Tech Support has been able to help me.

Thanks,
Karin
by kbenson » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:34 am
by kgc » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:18 pm
Seems like the easiest thing to do is to subscribe the chat list to the low flow list.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by kbenson » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:21 pm
Yeah, from what I gathered re: the sibling and umbrella types, it's more about correctly handling list management requests (and not forwarding them to users of the other lists).
by karinbur » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:18 pm
Subscribing the Chat to the Low Flow I believe is KEE-Rect; hopefully the NoDupes setting would take care of any possible duplicate emails. Thanks for the reply.

Another way that was suggested was to go into the Non-Digest options in the Low Flow list, and type the name of the Chat list in the question that says, "Other lists on this site whose members should be included if not specifically noted in the To: or CC: fields."

Pretty intuitive...
by karinbur » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:29 pm
The answer: in the NonDigest options, type the chat list name into the box that goes with "Other lists on this site whose members SHOULD be included in not specifically noted...."

Making the chat list a member of the Low Flow list results in a plethora of strange and confusing emails to users.
6 posts Page 1 of 1