Sonic routers, if you're leaving

General discussions and other topics.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by rchao » Mon May 15, 2017 11:21 am
If you have Sonic DSL and then stop using it - do you have to return the router?

If so, what is the mailing address?
by amayfield » Mon May 15, 2017 11:31 am
If you are canceling service and are currently in the rental program then yes, you'll need to send back the equipment. When you call in to cancel service part of the process is generating an RMA return shipping label for that equipment.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by rchao » Mon May 15, 2017 11:48 am
I had Sonic DSL a long time ago and then got the newer router in 2015. Does that mean I'm in the rental program?
by amayfield » Mon May 15, 2017 11:53 am
Yes, you are in the rental program. You can confirm that by reviewing your most recent invoice, the modem rental fee will be listed.
Andrew M.
Sonic
by rchao » Mon May 15, 2017 11:55 am
My printer isn't working. Will it be okay if I don't print out the exact label on the box?
Do I have to including something inside the box?
I still have the original box.

How much postage should you put on it?
How would you mail it, first class?
by amayfield » Mon May 15, 2017 12:13 pm
We can arrange sending the RMA via post so you get a physical sticker instead of printing out a PDF. Cost of shipping is about $10. Re-using the original box will work fine - you'll want to include the modem, power supply, green phone cord, yellow Ethernet cable and DSL filters.
Andrew M.
Sonic
6 posts Page 1 of 1