Webmail Beta Upgrade

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by drew.phillips » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:43 pm
We've upgraded Webmail Beta to the next major version of Roundcube. This is the feature-complete version for the next major 1.3 release. This release contains a few major changes to be aware of:
  • New widescreen layout by default.
  • Old browser support is dropped. This mainly affects Internet Explorer and will require IE 10 or greater.
  • Mobile is currently not supported on the Beta. We will not release this until our mobile skin is compatible with Roundcube 1.3. Future versions will include native mobile browser support.
A full list of changes is available here.

Please feel free to test the changes and let us know if you encounter any issues or have any suggestions. We do not have a date set for migrating our production environment to the new version.

One final note: The 3-column view widescreen layout (now default) gets rid of our beloved checkboxes for easily selecting multiple messages (control+click and shift+click still works for multiple selections). With the current view, there's no place to fit them nicely in the new message view. If you would like to switch back to the old 2-column message pane with the list on top and preview on the bottom, click the gear icon at the top of the message list (next to Messages 1 - x of y), in the dialog that appears, change the "Layout" to "Desktop" for the old view, or "List" for all messages and no preview pane. This also updates your settings so it will remember your selected view on future logins.

Thanks for testing and feedback!
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
by busy1 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:32 am
Following your link to open the Beta upgrade, I signed in, but did not complete the pop-up window (just clicked on the "X"). I adjusted the size of the three columns and clicked on an email, but the email never opened: the "loading" ball kept rolling. I clicked on "Logout" and nothing happened. I had to go back to the first web page with the pop-up in order to successfully log out.
by drew.phillips » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:27 am
busy1 wrote:Following your link to open the Beta upgrade, I signed in, but did not complete the pop-up window (just clicked on the "X"). I adjusted the size of the three columns and clicked on an email, but the email never opened: the "loading" ball kept rolling. I clicked on "Logout" and nothing happened. I had to go back to the first web page with the pop-up in order to successfully log out.
Turns out the issue loading a message was due to an issue with a plugin and has been resolved. Thanks for pointing that out!
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
3 posts Page 1 of 1