Sonic Set Up

General discussions and other topics.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by Fiberbuster_456 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:53 am
Recently, I submitted a ticket to support@sonic.net explaining the disappointing install I received back in January. I was going to submit my experiences regardless, but this one last thing prompted action. I had realized that the installer cut my doorbell wire feed to my upstairs doorbell so he could feed the Sonic cable through the opening to connect my router.

The installer came on time, and was pleasant enough; however, when it came to the installation, he started drilling holes in the front of the house, without even asking me or telling me where or how this would be set up. I told him where the phone box is; however, that was the extent. I had to tell him to drill on the side of the house if he had to drill at all. I was not happy with a black wire coming down in the front. I observed his truck and it was very messy inside. Nothing was in order. The modem box he took out for my use, had been wet, as the box was wet and crushed on one of the corners. I didn't ask for another as I didn't see that the modem itself was damaged or wet. During the install, he was also not very mindful or being very neat. When it came time to feed the wire to the upstairs it took a very long time, about 2 hours plus for him to feed the wire through. And in this feeding, I just realized recently that he cut the wire to my upstairs doorbell. I don't often have people ringing my doorbell, but it just occurred to me, when I couldn't hear it and someone was knocking, that I realized he cut the feed to my upstairs house doorbell.

When he left, he left behind his electrical tape, the open torn boxes to the equipment and did not put covers on his shoes when walking through the house. I realize I didn't say anything or notice, but with so much time passed and back and forth, it didn't occur to me. I didn't realize that until much later when he had to call a colleague in the area to help and figure out why my phone service was not working and he put booties on when he came in. The installer could also not figure out why I could not connect wirelessly through my desk computer, only through the Ethernet. To this day, it only works through the Ethernet. I had a lot of questions, and the colleague who was in the area who stopped by, seemed to be the only one who could answer them. He also had a colleague with him who stepped in the house unannounced. Also without booties. It scared the $%^ out of me when I saw him in the hallway. Again no mention whatsoever.

I'm ok with the service. I really don't find that it's any faster or quality internet from AT&T, to be honest. But to have my doorbell wiring cut?? That's unacceptable. I had initially asked the guy how many set ups he's done. He assured me it was quite a few, in all kinds of homes and set ups. It didn't feel like it when it took him from 8:30 - 2:30 to set this up.
by miken » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:01 pm
What was the ticket number for the e-mail you sent in? I'd like to look into this as this is not the kind of experience we want our users to have.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by Fiberbuster_456 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:25 pm
Hi Miken,
The ticket is #4449140. Someone had followed up with measking to send photos of the damage. I submitted these photos with detailed explanation and am waiting to hear back from my last submission.

Thank you.
by Fiberbuster_456 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:17 am
Still waiting to hear back from someone in support after photos and explanation have been submitted. Doorbell has been repaired at a cost of $150.00.
by miken » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:08 pm
Thank you! I was out of the office yesterday, but I've sent you an e-mail in regards to the situation. Thanks for your patience.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
5 posts Page 1 of 1