Sonic installing fiber in area

General discussions and other topics.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
by 16th Ave » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:40 pm
Sonic has had their crews in the area on 16th Avenue by Vicente for a few days now. I noticed today that the crew was going down 16th Ave (between Vicente and Wawona). They had one crew member on a lift wrapping wires around the existing wires on the pool and leaving slack line in huge loops on the wire. The other person was with a long ladder and working on people's homes with the other end of the wires. Note these are not subscribers to Sonic. They are also leaving the same large slack loops and leaving them on the sides of the homes! Definitely not a nice thing to look at.

Why are the workers touching wiring on people's homes without getting their approvals? Also, why do they have to leave large wire loops all over the place. This is not helping the cause of keeping San Francisco clean.

I am all for Fiber, but I don't like how Sonic is doing their work. I called the tech line for Sonic and they pointed me to here because the CEO looks at this. Can anyone from Sonic comment?
by miken » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:58 pm
The loops on the sides of homes are drops for installation. These are only installed for people who have ordered Fiber. People who have not ordered Fiber won't have these installed on their buildings.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by dane » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:29 pm
When the in-home installation is done, the temporary loop of cable is dressed, brought into the home and terminated.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by 16th Ave » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:19 pm
But the point is neither of these people ordered the service.
by dane » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:23 pm
16th Ave wrote:But the point is neither of these people ordered the service.
Well that's odd. I wonder if the drop crew got the wrong addresses dispatched. Can you provide the addresses?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by 16th Ave » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:27 pm
I don't want to provide addresses on a forum. Maybe you can just have the crew working on 16th Ave double check their work?
by dane » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:29 pm
Yep, can do, I'll pass that on.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by 16th Ave. » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:01 pm
Thanks!
by dane » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:45 am
Our field installation supervisor responded, says: "I just walked through each address in the described area. We doubled checked the addresses on each new service order and then cross checked google maps street view. We believe we dropped to the proper locations for all four drops."

It is certainly possible that someone else gave us their address incorrectly when ordering service! If you think we are attaching fiber to buildings where service has not been ordered, you could direct message here, or email me (dane at sonic) the address and I'll pass it on and we can contact the customer who ordered service to double-check their address.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
9 posts Page 1 of 1