Increase in Price with decrease in service capability

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by rccolata » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:39 am
When I first purchased Sonic.net service, I was sold and bought service for up to 20mbps for one line for $39.95 including a phone line.
Now you are increasing the price by $10 as you say here :

" Sonic's mission is to deliver fast, uncapped and unlimited service
for a fair price, with the ultimate goal of delivering Gigabit
service over Sonic fiber. Since its launch in 2010, Fusion
broadband and phone service's price has remained the same even
though we've invested in new features and added value. However,
we've found it necessary to increase the price by between $10.00
and $10.05 a month for renewals starting in February. This
increase will support our continued growth, ongoing fiber
construction projects and over 350 local employees."

So now my price has increased to $50 for one line internet/phone service and my speed has dropped from up to 20 down to up to 10mbps.(I just noticed this).
Now to get up to 20, I have to get two lines.

Basically the price increased for decrease in service capabiilty.

I also have been waiting for more options in phone service. i.e. forward if busy and forward if no answer. I have been waiting for a few years noting that the forums including executive quotes saying that they are working on it. At one time I was told that I had to get two lines to get this option. Yesterday, I heard that you don't offer this option at all.

Why are you increasing the price for a perceived drop in service capability?
Why haven't you increased capability for phone service? I haven't seen new options for a few years. I am comparing to ATT phone service and RingCentral. i.e. I can get/purchase conditional call forwarding with ATT. WIth ringCentral, I can get a lot more options with the basic service.
Have you guys upgraded the modems? I still have an old modem or the original modems that you were delivering in 2010. (I can't use this modem with merchant services credit card internet connected terminals as it is not secure enough and/or it fails security tests).

Anyway, I would appreciate answers to these questions.
by mike.perlas » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:55 am
Good morning! I checked on your account and saw two services with us. Your service is only getting 10 mbps. However, that is what it has always had historically. I am not seeing a point where it has historically ever been 20 mbps. In addition, your location is about 8000 feet out and 10 mbps is about what we would expect at that range. It does not appear your line and sync rate has degraded at all.

If you would like to join the discussion regarding the price increase, please check out the following forum thread.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4122
Mikey P.
Technical Support Supervisor
Sonic
by rccolata » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:00 pm
Historically that is not true. I have moved the San Francisco services from a different location that was much closer to the CO. WHen I got the service, it was advertised up to 20. At the time, I could get 16Mbps. These locations were 4 blocks and 9 blocks away from my current location in San Francisco towards the CO off of Mission St.
3 posts Page 1 of 1