Nondisclosure

General discussions and other topics.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by joa » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:59 am
It concerns me that Sonic.net is not disclosing the fact that when starting new service (or moving existing service to a new home), a combo modem/router is sent to the customer whether they ask for equipment or not. This modem/router now becomes "rental" equipment which is charged to the customer's account every month. Further, new accounts are given a $10 credit each month for the first year as "a promotional offer", but if the customer returns the rental modem/router, the $10 credit is rescinded. This is nondisclosure and is bad business! Bad Sonic! :evil:
by m.harmon » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:07 am
Hello Joa,

I am sorry that you weren't given the proper information when getting your service moved. All that information should of been disclosed right then and I will be doing some investigation to see where our misstep was.

You called in this morning and spoke with our support. Were they able to clear up any other issues you may of run into?
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
by joa » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:33 am
Hello M. Harmon,
The reason for my call to support this morning was to inquire about the apparent charge of $280 to my credit card. I requested having my service moved from my old address (258 Lorraine Court in Healdsburg) to my new address (765 Florence Lane in Healdsburg) and I made it abundantly clear when I made that move request that I wanted to cancel the service at the Lorraine Ct. address, however I'm now being charged for service at both the old and the new address. Additionally, I received not one, but two email invoices each for $140.39. I've tried to make my move request clear and simple, but even after explaining it numerous times to several customer service reps, there appears to be continued confusion on the part of Sonic.net. The technician was even sent to the wrong address when he came to fire up the new service. I'm tired of dealing with this and just want everything to be resolved so I can deal with life again. I've never had problems like this with Sonic.net and I've been a customer since 2000. Thanks for your message.
3 posts Page 1 of 1