Open WIFI on the Windsor Town Green

General discussions and other topics.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by Drew Jackson » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:21 pm
It recently came to my attention that Sonic is pulling their equipment and no longer offering an open WIFI signal on the Windsor Town Green. I thought I would contact Sonic and ask about it rather than responding to speculation around my neighborhood. After hearing nothing for the last five days after my e mail to "support", I thought I would explore the forum and see if I could find information here. I am a long term Sonic customer and am more disappointed than anything else that no one saw fit to respond to my question via a personal e mail.

Why is Sonic no longer supporting the open WIFI on the Windsor Town Green?
by dane » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:50 am
We are working to shut down almost all of our WiFi initiatives, including the one in Windsor. The rise of widely available 3G services, the iPhone and iPad etc have made these less useful than in the past. At the same time, the equipment is aging, and we struggle to keep these networks reliable. As a result of all of these factors, we've chosen not to continue.

Regarding Windsor in specific, we'd been told that someone else had set up a new system that serves the Town Green area, have you looked for that?

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1