Roundcube Webmail 1.2.3

General discussions and other topics.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by sergneri » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:21 pm
If I copy a URL from either FIREFOX 50 or EDGE and paste it into an email compose screen using CTL-C, it appends %MCEPASTEBIN% to the URL as in https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... CEPASTEBIN%
Any idea what %MCEPASTEBIN% is and how to get rid of it? If I forget to remove it, people can't follow the link. Is it a bug in the email client?
It doesn't happen with right-click PASTE.
by drew.phillips » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:53 pm
Hi sergneri,

I wasn't able to produce this on 3 different operating systems in several browsers, including Windows 10 with Edge.

TinyMCE is the text editor that the compose window is made of, so it's clearly something showing up that shouldn't be. I found a similar report to this and then the person wasn't able to replicate it.

Does clearing cache and logging out and back in to webmail make any difference? Also, are you pasting the link by using right-click, paste, Control+V, or drag & drop?
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
by sergneri » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:04 pm
Control-V is my normal method, which is why I tried mouse->right click->paste which didn't produce it.
I'm using 51.0.1 (32-bit) FF, WIN 10. I couldn't reproduce the same thing on EDGE, so I'd guess its something in FF. I'll go check the Mozilla forums.
The wild thing is, if you google %MCEPASTEBIN% you'll get a boat-load of hits but nary a definition of it.

Thanks for checking on it!
Cheers!
by sergneri » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:21 pm
I think I found it - I run an add on in FF which changes TRUMP to SOME RICH JERK and other things. Turn it off and restart, the problem goes away.
by drew.phillips » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:33 pm
Yeah and when I was looking I tried to narrow it with something like '+"MCEPASTEBIN" tinymce' or '+"%MCEPASTEBIN%" tinymce' and got far fewer results, but no reports of what you're experiencing.

Though, I question that some of the search results are actually pieces of information that ended up online due to the bug you're experiencing.

Hehe, just saw your reply as I was typing mine. Good to know. Maybe it was plugin interference. In any case, glad to know it's possibly resolved!
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
5 posts Page 1 of 1