Broken forum feature

General discussions and other topics.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by bobrk » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:53 pm
This "Unread Posts" button used to do what it says, but now it doesn't. Small problem in the world, but it used to save me some time.
Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 1.51.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 1.51.24 PM.png (115.07 KiB) Viewed 16691 times
by virtualmike » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:11 pm
It's working for me at 11 pm. Temporary glitch?
by drew.phillips » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:01 pm
Admittedly, it's been a while since I've used that link on the left to jump back into a thread.

As far as I know, it's just an "indicator" letting you know new posts exist on that topic as the link it produces doesn't have any extra data to jump to a specific post.

If you're looking to jump to the last unread post in the topic for you, the button you're looking for is the small blue button on the right with the single ">" in it. The one to the right ">>" will take you to the last post.
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
by bobrk » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:05 pm
Yeah, I would say the behavior has changed, then.

Thanks for looking at it.
by drew.phillips » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:16 pm
I see you're pretty active here Bob, do you recall the last time it behaved the way you remember? We changed themes around April of last year which changed the behavior of quite a few things on the forums.

Actually, I just switched back to the Pro Silver theme (the default phpBB one), and it looks like those "Unread Posts" links on the left use the same link structure as the little blue button to the right.

So you're correct, it looks like this did change but I think it must have been around 10 months ago when we changed themes.
Drew Phillips
by bobrk » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:04 pm
I'm slow to complain about things like this... :D
by drew.phillips » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:34 pm
Haha fair enough :) You'll now find it does what it used to do. I was working on some other forum stuff and it made sense to change that since it's the behavior of the default phpBB template.

Thanks for letting us know!
Drew Phillips
by bobrk » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:41 pm
Oh thank you!
8 posts Page 1 of 1