Switched from DSL to vDSL (Fusion) - can't connect Withings Scale

General discussions and other topics.
1 post Page 1 of 1
by krauster » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:30 pm
I have a Withings digital scale for weighing myself. It connects via wifi and reports my weight to the Withins site allowing me to track weight loss. I like this. It was working fine when I had the gateway that Sonic provided with DSL service. I upgraded to Fusion and sonic sent me a new Pace gateway where I came up with two new SSIDs and passwords for both 2.4G and 5G connections and then reset a bunch of devices - cell phones, tablets, printers, Alexa, etc to the new gateway connecting to either. In many cases I entered both the fast and slower SSIDs and I allow the device to find and connect which ever connection works best.

Anyway I can't get my Withings scale to connect. It finds the 2.4G SSID. It does not even find the 5G. I give it the wifi password for the 2.4G and it doesn't make the connection. One other thing about the scale. It uses bluetooth to communicate with a Withings app on the phone to do the wifi setup. The app on the phone is where I select the 2.4G SSID and enter the wifi password. The error message I get back in the app is not helpful: "Please try to get close to your router and renew the operation." The scale is right next to the router so that's not the problem.

It does have an Advanced Configuration option:
IP address:
Netmask:
Router:
DNS server:
HTTP Proxy check box

Is there anything I could try in the Advanced config that might help it connect?
Has anyone seen this problem? As said I do not have any problem connecting my other devices to the gateway. And the Withings site has nothing about this type of problem.
1 post Page 1 of 1