Moving to a new apartment results in termination of contract and early termination fee?!?!

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by SMJ » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:21 pm
I just received a follow up email after speaking with a rep to have my service moved as I am moving to a new apartment. Apparently he failed to mentioni would be charged an early termination fee because moving to a new area cancels an existing contract resulting in early termination fees? That is ridiculous!!!!! Explain how this makes them any better than cable providers. Total bs. I am furious!
by amayfield » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:32 pm
Moving your service renews your contract (or enrolls you in a new contract if you're currently out of contract), however it does not trigger an early termination fee. I am sorry our representative told you otherwise. If you log in to the forums using your Sonic login credentials (username / password), I'll take a look at your account to make sure everything is progressing as it should. Alternatively you can private message me your Sonic account information.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by shashankgarg7 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:23 pm
Hi I moved to a new apartment after completing my 12 month contract. First of all my monthly payment increased from 46.XX to 66.XX and the customer rep is saying that if I have to cancel I need to pay $149 early termination fee. I wasn't even aware that I am going into the contract leave alone the termination fee. Looks like the contract is for life. This is not acceptable.
by miken » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:51 am
All new services will start a 12 month contract. In this case, it looks like you've spoken with someone already and gotten things taken care of. :)
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1