Deceptive AT&T tarriff?

General discussions and other topics.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
by scgallion » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:15 am
I switched to Fusion one day after the beginning of my old AT&T telephone and eight days after the beginning of my DSL billing periods. After calling, I received a rebill with my telephone service fee adjusted but no change to DSL. I then called and was told I would get a rebill for 8 days DSL service but never received it. I just got off the phone with AT&T and now they tell me if I use their DSL service for one day of the billing period I have to pay for the whole month.
This doesn't sound fair to me but the phone rep said it was their policy. Has anyone else experienced this?
by dane » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:58 pm
I haven't, but I'd love to hear if this is the case. Can they refer to a policy document online?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by saronian » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:31 pm
When I canceled my AT&T I still has about 5 days left in my billing month. They sent a final bill showing an $8.00 credit, which I'm still waiting to receive.
by dane » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:44 pm
Was the $8 credit for your telephone line or your DSL?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by saronian » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:14 am
We only had DSL so the bill was only for that.
by dane » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:18 am
Okay, so one vote for "credited to the day", and one for "forced to pay for full month". Ah, clear as mud! :)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by scgallion » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:19 pm
I reviewed AT&T's terms of services for the AT&T/Yahoo service and found no reference to having to pay for a full months service if you used it at all during the period. The closest thing was a reference to a penalty if one canceled service before a promotional period ended. Since I'd had the service since the end of 2006, I don't think they can assert that. :P

I have an e-mail case in process with them right now that I started Thursday night. This afternoon (Saturday) they responded asking for a bit of confirmation of my identity. (the amount of my last payment or customer code (the three digits on your bill that come after your phone number))
After reading soronian's problem with getting them to pay a credit to him, I think I will go to my bank's site and cancel the payment I have scheduled for Monday. I had promised AT&T's phone rep that I would schedule the payment in return for them getting their collection agency off my voice mail.

Is DSL a regulated service such that I could complain to the PUC about this?
by scgallion » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:16 am
I received a response to my e-mail case this morning. They have given me an adjustment of $24.30 on the $30 billing for DSL. Looks like the phone rep gave me bad information.

Since I was unable to cancel the payment that I had scheduled through my bank, I now have the pleasure of getting AT&T to pay me the credit due. :cry:
by dane » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:42 am
So the rep was confused, and they do automatically prorate to the day?

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by saronian » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:50 am
Glad you got the refund. They are supposed to be issued 60 days after the account is closed, plus 5-7 days in the mail. I still have a couple weeks to go.

AT&T has engendered so little trust that I'm tracking $8 bucks.
11 posts Page 1 of 2