Incentive program to gather new customers?

General discussions and other topics.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by peterbaum » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:28 pm
My previous VOIP provider had a very simple marketing strategy...your customers are your best sales force (if you're providing a reliable product...they were but my ISP [=Comcast wasn't] so I switched to Sonic :) They simply offered a month free service tagged onto what ever contract you had signed up for. So if you got 12 new people to sign up you could get the next year free.

I would love to have an incentive to sign new customers up for you...I (and everybody in my neighborhood/city) am fed up with Comcast so if you can give me some incentive then I will make some effort and get them over to Sonic.
by dane » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:57 pm
peterbaum wrote:My previous VOIP provider had a very simple marketing strategy...your customers are your best sales force (if you're providing a reliable product...they were but my ISP [=Comcast wasn't] so I switched to Sonic :) They simply offered a month free service tagged onto what ever contract you had signed up for. So if you got 12 new people to sign up you could get the next year free.

I would love to have an incentive to sign new customers up for you...I (and everybody in my neighborhood/city) am fed up with Comcast so if you can give me some incentive then I will make some effort and get them over to Sonic.
This isn't something we've got in place today, but the team has been discussing it. While I'm hopeful that folks will spread the word about Sonic just because it's the only way we can expand fiber reach, that's not really compelling to someone who already has fiber.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by peterbaum » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:10 pm
Everybody in my area and possibly most of Silicon Valley has access to one or two different Fiber Networks (At&T, Comcast). So speed is not the issue... and with cost you're competitive (better :) but your customer service is an order of magnitude better. Comcast has been atrocious with constant outages and there's a large group of people that will will jump IF they're led to a recommended alternative. Give me some incentive to lead them to you! My previous telecom provider gave me a free month of service for every new customer I got them. They used my phone number as the 'bonus' code for this free month. (I think they also tied in a year requirement of the new service) but the cost was so low (payback was 2 months) that it was a no-brainer to jump from the braindead, abusive, time-wasting Comcast morons to them....which ultimately led me to you to replace the internet service. (I guess it's Direct TV next to switch TV service :), So my suggestion to you is that you should offer a similar referral program....a free month tagged onto the end of the year for each new customer that signs up using your phone number as the reference code. If you want more details or have questions about how they implemented this program let me know.

--Peter Baum
peterleebaum@gmail.com
408-725-8463
by digitalbitstream » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:07 am
I'd appreciate bill credit, gold starts, an extra 3 mps of speed, or something tangible for referrals.
4 posts Page 1 of 1