Flawless switch to Fusion. A happy customer

General discussions and other topics.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:59 am
I just switched to Fusion in San Francisco, and the switch was flawless and pain-free. Email notified me of order progress. An email notified me when the phone switched (during the time slot as promised), I later connected the wireless DSL router through the splitter, used the SSID and code printed in back of router, estabished the connection, and then ran a speed-test and saw an improvement over previous AT&T DSL service.

I didn't even have to contact customer support.

I am somewhat technically sophisticated, and read some info on forums before the switch, but a beginner's guide would be useful for some customers that tells you step-by-step on how to set-up the DSL router (i.e. how to get SSID). I think all the information is there, but you need to look at several places.

I thank you very much for providing a great service.
by clairet » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:42 pm
Glad everything went well! About the beginner's guide, it's definitely a nice idea but probably not something we will be able to do. The modems and modem/router combos we sell are already preconfigured so they do not need setting up. If someone is using a modem from a store or from a previous provider, there are no general directions that work for all of them. It would be nice in the future if we could make guides for the most common modems though. For wireless settings, that isn't something we support at all and posting a guide would imply that we do support it (in my opinion anyways). If we do make the guides, we're going to have to make sure to tell people to print them out before the switchover because they will be no good if they can't go online. :D
Anyway, thank you for your suggestion and it's great you are enjoying your new Fusion service!
Claire T.
Sonic.net Technical Support
by tomburns » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:04 pm
flawless switch over (including phone number port) here as well.

Probably the greatest thing: Sonic handled everything start to finish and I never once had to talk to any AT&T employee at any point in the process. I loathe AT&T with all my might so this was huge; all I got was a final zero balance statement from them in the mail and that was it! Thank riddance to bad rubbish. :D

Hurrah!
by Guest » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:34 pm
I agree that having things done all online was great. On the other hand, when you deal with AT&T (or PG&E for that matter), they often call back with an automated survey -- calling me when I do not want to be bothered. With Sonic, I got timely email updates, and things just worked. But when you do need to talk to a person, I get a knowledgeable human being on support line, and they don't treat you like an idiot. I'm not in favor of just dealing with a web site -- I do like people in the right situations, but like it when they know what's going on. I don't like automated surveys -- in that case, an email to a web survey will be enough.
by virtualmike » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:48 am
Guest wrote:... they often call back with an automated survey
And usually, the question/answer pairs don't allow one to give the answers that really express one's feelings.
5 posts Page 1 of 1